Tooth Extractions – Ellicott City, MD
Saving your natural teeth whenever possible will always be your best option as far as oral health goes. However, if a tooth is putting nearby teeth at risk, or if it poses a risk to oral health and cannot be effectively treated or restored, we may have no choice but to remove it. Don’t worry; our three expert dentists at My Ellicott City Dentist will only recommend tooth extractions in our Ellicott City, MD dental office once they’ve considered every other possible option, and they’ll make sure that the process is performed comfortably without any unnecessary complications. Are you worried about a damaged or possibly infected tooth? Call us today.
Why Choose My Ellicott City Dentist for Tooth Extractions?
- Modern Techniques for Pain-Free Treatment
- Multiple Options for Tooth Replacement
- An Expert, Friendly Dental Team That Cares
When Would You Need a Tooth Extraction?
An extraction is normally only performed under specific circumstances that require it. This includes:
- Decay that has already damaged or destroyed over two-thirds of the enamel
- Damage to the tooth structure that is beyond the point where it could be repaired
- Gum disease that has irreversibly destroyed the tooth’s support
- The need to make room for another type of treatment such as placing dentures or an orthodontic appliance
- Baby teeth that have failed to fall out when they were supposed to
The extraction is performed with a local anesthetic that will prevent you from feeling anything during the procedure. It will only take 2 or 3 days for your mouth to recover and feel normal again.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I am Interested in Improving My Smile I am Looking for a Dentist for My Child I Want a Straighter Smile I am Worried about Bleeding Gums I am in Pain or Had an Accident I Want to Learn More About Sleep Apnea View Our Services